OUR FIRM + YOU
Sherwood Design Engineers: Engineering + Ecology + Creativity
Sherwood is a site civil engineering practice committed to the optimal integration of ecology, infrastructure, and design. We were established in order to provide a new generation of infrastructure services focused on both planning and implementation. The firm has implemented net-zero green building projects, district infrastructure, new street standards, and many sustainable civil projects throughout the world. Sherwood has worked on over thirty award-winning projects and has seen its work published internationally.
We specialize in sustainable infrastructure, water management strategies, green building design, and urban planning. Important to our engineering practice is our ability to span building and landscape. Our focus is on the conservation and management of the consumption of all site resources— carbon, energy, water, and waste. Sherwood works collaboratively with project teams to find ways to maximize efficiencies through an integrated and ecological approach that results in high performance buildings and landscapes recognized for function as well as aesthetics and user experience.
Are you ready to join the forefront of sustainable engineering? Sherwood Design Engineers is changing the way cities are built in the 21st
Century. Help chart the course to a greener future as part of our dynamic, mission-driven San Francisco team!
- Budgetary, planning, scheduling, public relations, and technical activities related to broad range of engineering, administrative, and other projects or programs
- Develop and implement innovative design techniques that enhances the projects and the productivity of the assignments within the company
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to multiple schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to develop and manage a team effectively while producing quantifiable results
- Motivate staff to excel in day-to-day work environment and maintain a creative spirit within a team
- Support each project with the ability to evaluate, forecast and advise the Principal or Director of Operations from a financial and budgetary standpoint
- Ensure engineering designs follow current applicable state & local regulations
- Work with a team of design engineers, CAD designer to assure Quality Assurance and Quality Control through various phases of projects
- Assist in preparing and reviewing requests for proposals and contracts
- Identify industry related sub-contractors to include on project related work
- Manage project budgets
- Plan and monitor project performance
- Assist with the preparation of weekly status reports that includes: deliverables and milestones of current projects, proposals and staffing needs
- Review and identify current and potential discrepancies with budgets and contracts and cost over runs (i.e., timelines, etc.)
- Monitor project billing and accounts receivable which includes direct communication with clients for collection efforts
- Reinforce the company’s core standards and expectations through mentoring, communication and coaching
- Be able to fairly and accurately assess performance of staff members and participate in performance reviews
- Participate in recruiting and hiring collaboration with Human Resources
- Contribute to the company’s technological requirements through identifying technological solutions
- Contribute to the company’s strategic plan, through engaged leadership and results-oriented action plans
- Work closely with other group leaders and project managers
- Be ready and able to travel frequently
- Be ready and able to travel internationally and able to interact and present to international and foreign-speaking clients. No foreign language skills are required, however those with foreign language skills are preferred
- Responsible for leading team of one to two project managers, and several project engineers/ design engineers.
- Responsible for resource allocation within assigned group
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring assigned team
- Assigns projects and resources to projects
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil (and Environmental Engineering preferred)
- Masters Degree
- Additional course work/degree in Architecture, Planning or Landscape Architecture (preferred)
- LEED Certification desired
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer
- 12 to 18 years experience
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Google Apps
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Knowledge of civil design programs (Civil 3D, LDT, Hydro CAD, Flowmaster, Storm CAD, etc.) preferred
- A clear understanding of engineering designs of tasks and assignments, including problem analysis, concept, formulation, form development, integration, and review.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills for working within an overall design team environment
- Effectively able to work well with others at all levels of the company; both onsite and remotely
- Has client contact with the approval of the Principal-in-charge
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information
- Must have strong and versatile computer drawing and design skills, excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Digital and hand graphic skills are essential and ability to grasp all technical interrelationships among the projects
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively
- Works independently under general supervision, uses initiative and good business judgment
- Ability to read and interpret written information including business documents, contracts, forms, email correspondence and follow instructions
- Ability to prepare analysis, reports, correspondence and memos
- Reliable attendance
- Pays attention to detail
- Maintains accurate and complete project records
- Mathematical Skills
- Intermediate mathematical skills are required.
- Ability to understand project budgeting and the financial objectives of the company required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.