OUR FIRM + YOU
Sherwood Design Engineers: Engineering + Ecology + Creativity
Sherwood is a civil and environmental engineering practice committed to the optimal integration of ecology, infrastructure, and design. We were established in order to provide a new generation of infrastructure services focused on both planning and implementation. The firm has implemented net-zero green building projects, district infrastructure, new street standards, and many sustainable civil projects throughout the world. Sherwood has worked on over thirty award-winning projects and has seen its work published internationally.
We specialize in sustainable infrastructure, water management strategies, green building design, and urban planning. Important to our engineering practice is our ability to span building and landscape. Sherwood works collaboratively with project teams to find ways to maximize efficiencies through an integrated and ecological approach that results in high performance buildings and landscapes recognized for function as well as aesthetics and user experience.
Are you ready to join the forefront of sustainable engineering? Sherwood Design Engineers is changing the way cities are built in the 21st
Century. Help chart the course to a greener future as part of our dynamic, mission-driven Los Angeles team!
We have a need for a full-time Engineering Intern to work at our Los Angeles office. Typical length of internship is about 10-12 weeks during the summer.
- Assist staff engineers with preparation of deliverables (i.e. calculations, documents, CAD drawings)
- Produce calculations and design analysis
- Provide technical research to design teams and project management support
- Perform site visits, make deliveries, and pick up documents from agencies and/or clients
- Administrative support with project and overhead areas as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in college-level engineering program and in good academic standing
- Interest to work on projects supporting the Sustainable/Greening utility, water and land planning industries
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Team player with ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service
- Ability to read and interpret business documents
- Technical writing ability to prepare reports, correspondence and memos
- Maintains accurate and complete records
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Minimum completion of 2 years towards a B.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Urban Engineering at an accredited University
- Working knowledge of PC based desktop computers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Intermediate mathematical skills are required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.