OUR FIRM + YOU
Sherwood Design Engineers: Engineering + Ecology + Creativity
Sherwood is a site civil engineering practice committed to the optimal integration of ecology, infrastructure, and design. We were established in order to provide a new generation of infrastructure services focused on both planning and implementation. The firm has implemented net-zero green building projects, district infrastructure, new street standards, and many sustainable civil projects throughout the world. Sherwood has worked on over thirty award-winning projects and has seen its work published internationally.
We specialize in sustainable infrastructure, water management strategies, green building design, and urban planning. Important to our engineering practice is our ability to span building and landscape. Sherwood works collaboratively with project teams to find ways to maximize efficiencies through an integrated and ecological approach that results in high performance buildings and landscapes recognized for function as well as aesthetics and user experience.
Are you ready to join the forefront of sustainable engineering? Sherwood Design Engineers is changing the way cities are built in the 21st
Century. Help chart the course to a greener future as part of our dynamic, quickly growing mission-driven team!
We have an immediate need for a full-time Staff Accountant to work at our San Francisco headquarters.
- Determine and obtain proper approval for the payment of invoices.
- Audit employee expense reports for accuracy and follow up with approvers.
- Reconciliation of credit card statements.
- Determine proper account coding of accounts payable invoices.
- Enter invoices into accounting software.
- Process checks for invoices and prepare for signature.
- File copies of checks and invoices into their respective folders based on payee on the company’s filing network.
- Answer inquiries from employees/vendors regarding invoice payments in a clear and concise manner.
- Contacting clients about past due invoices.
- Processing cash receipts that come in check or electronic form in both the bank and accounting software.
- Research and resolve discrepancies on invoices.
- Coordinate with Accounting team regarding Accounts Receivable collections.
- Generating and Providing weekly Work In Progress reports for all projects to respective Project Managers.
- Assist with set-up/maintain project/bill group numbers.
- Assist with invoicing and sending to clients in a timely manner.
- Assist with filing finalized invoice into their respective project binders on the company’s filing network.
- Generating and distributing weekly reports to Project Managers and Principals based on project information and employee utilization information from accounting software.
- Generating and distributing monthly reports and reviewing with Accounting Manager, Managing Principals, and CFO.
- Assisting with bank wires and transfers as needed.
- Assist CFO and Accounting Manager with miscellaneous administrative duties as needed.
- Assist with preparing Form 1099’s at end of fiscal year.
- Assist with annual review.
- Assist with formatting Financial reports as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Strong interest in accounting.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP).
- Excellent math skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deliverables with a positive attitude.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Works well and communicates effectively with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps.
- Prior experience using accounting systems (i.e. Deltek, NetSuite, Quickbooks).
- Open office-noise level in the workspace is generally moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.