OUR FIRM + YOU
Sherwood Design Engineers: Engineering + Ecology + Creativity
Sherwood is a site civil engineering practice committed to the optimal integration of ecology, infrastructure, and design. We were established in order to provide a new generation of infrastructure services focused on both planning and implementation. The firm has implemented net-zero green building projects, district infrastructure, new street standards, and many sustainable civil projects throughout the world. Sherwood has worked on over thirty award-winning projects and has seen its work published internationally.
We specialize in sustainable infrastructure, water management strategies, green building design, and urban planning. Important to our engineering practice is our ability to span building and landscape. Sherwood works collaboratively with project teams to find ways to maximize efficiencies through an integrated and ecological approach that results in high performance buildings and landscapes recognized for function as well as aesthetics and user experience.
Are you ready to join the forefront of sustainable engineering? Sherwood Design Engineers is changing the way cities are built in the 21st
Century. Help chart the course to a greener future as part of our dynamic, quickly growing mission-driven team!
We have an immediate need for a Project Accountant to work at our San Francisco headquarters.
- Assist project managers with maintaining and managing project contract and accounting procedures
- Reviewing and formatting of project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Managing and maintaining company templates for contract and accounting related documents
- Transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Get approval of supplier invoices related to a project.
- Assisting project managers to review and track the completion of timesheets completed by staff
- Investigate project variances and communicate to project managers.
- Follow-up on unpaid contract billings.
- Report on project profitability to management.
- Work with project managers regarding remaining budgets to identify opportunities for additional fees as necessary.
- Create project-related billings to customers.
- Write-off of project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Compile information for internal and extern auditors, as required.
- Willing to learn and assist with all aspects of accounts payable, payroll and general ledger accounting.
- Additional accounting responsibilities such as posting cash receipts, preparing journal entries, performing reconciliations, tracking fixed assets, and other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Strong interest in accounting.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP).
- Excellent math skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deliverables with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2-5 years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps.
- Prior experience using accounting systems (i.e. Deltek, NetSuite, Quickbooks).
- Open office-noise level in the work space is generally moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.