OUR FIRM + YOU
Sherwood Design Engineers: Engineering + Ecology + Creativity
Sherwood is a site civil engineering practice committed to the optimal integration of ecology, infrastructure, and design. We were established in order to provide a new generation of infrastructure services focused on both planning and implementation. The firm has implemented net-zero green building projects, district infrastructure, new street standards, and many sustainable civil projects throughout the world. Sherwood has worked on over thirty award-winning projects and has seen its work published internationally.
We specialize in sustainable infrastructure, water management strategies, green building design, and urban planning. Important to our engineering practice is our ability to span building and landscape. Our focus is on the conservation and management of the consumption of all site resources— carbon, energy, water, and waste. Sherwood works collaboratively with project teams to find ways to maximize efficiencies through an integrated and ecological approach that results in high performance buildings and landscapes recognized for function as well as aesthetics and user experience.
Are you ready to join the forefront of sustainable engineering? Sherwood Design Engineers is changing the way cities are built in the 21st
Century. Help chart the course to a greener future as part of our dynamic, mission-driven Los Angeles team!
Design Engineer III
We have an immediate need for a full-time Design Engineer III to work at our San Francisco headquarters. Only Civil Engineers should apply.
- Work closely with internal project team in development of Construction Documents for all scales of site development
- Work with a team of design engineers, CAD designer to assure Quality Assurance and Quality Control through various phases of projects
- Lead a team of junior engineers in the development of project deliverables.
- Create and implement innovative design techniques that enhance company productivity of assignments
- Ensure engineering designs are in compliance with current applicable state & local regulations
- Develop project specifications in CSI format
- Develop illustratives, drawings and visual aids
- Works independently under general supervision
- Exercise sound judgment on design decisions and in application of standard methods
- Work with multiple site base files oriented in different coordinate frames and varying units
- Assemble and collate plan set packages
Skills and Experience:
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company and client information
- Works well and communicates effectively with others
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task, and use time effectively
- Ability to read and interpret written information, and follow instructions
- Ability to read, interpret, collect data documents, and design topographic data sets
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, and memos
- Maintains accurate and complete records
- Ability to perform in a high pressure, quick and dynamic environment
- Willingness to work with multiple staff and be a part of multiple teaming scenarios.
- 5-10 years of industry experience
- Experience with Site Grading, Earthwork Calculations, Road Design, Drainage (Calculations & Reports), Utility Layout & Sizing, Technical Report Writing
- Experience in assembling and collating plan set packages
- Previous experience in putting together plan set packages and providing redlines for drafters
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- EIT required. PE preferred
- LEED Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Google Apps
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Knowledge of civil design programs (Civil 3D, LDT, Hydro CAD, Flowmasters, Storm CAD, etc.) preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.