We have an immediate need for a Project Engineer to work at our San Francisco headquarters.
- Work closely with internal project team in development of Construction Documents for all scales of site development
- Work with a team of design engineers, CAD designer to assure Quality Assurance and Quality Control through various phases of projects
- Lead a team of junior engineers in the development of project deliverables.
- Create and implement innovative design techniques that enhance company productivity of assignments
- Ensure engineering designs are in compliance with current applicable state & local regulations
- Develop project specifications in CSI format
- Develop illustratives, drawings and visual aids
- Works independently under general supervision
- Exercise sound judgment on design decisions and in application of standard methods
- Work with multiple site base files oriented in different coordinate frames and varying units
- Assemble and collate plan set packages
Skills and Experience:
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company and client information
- Works well and communicates effectively with others
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task, and use time effectively
- Ability to read and interpret written information, and follow instructions
- Ability to read, interpret, collect data documents, and design topographic data sets
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, and memos
- Maintains accurate and complete records
- Ability to perform in a high pressure, quick and dynamic environment
- Willingness to work with multiple staff and be a part of multiple teaming scenarios.
- 6-10 years of industry experience
- Experience with Site Grading, Earthwork Calculations, Road Design, Drainage (Calculations & Reports), Utility Layout & Sizing, Technical Report Writing
- Experience in assembling and collating plan set packages
- Previous experience in putting together plan set packages and providing redlines for drafters
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- EIT required. PE preferred
- LEED Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Google Apps
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Knowledge of civil design programs (Civil 3D, LDT, Hydro CAD, Flowmasters, Storm CAD, etc.) preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records