Design Engineer III
- Work closely with internal project team in development of Construction Documents for all scales of site development
- Work with a team of design engineers, CAD designer to assure Quality Assurance and Quality Control through various phases of projects
- Lead a team of junior engineers in the development of project deliverables.
- Create and implement innovative design techniques that enhance company productivity of assignments
- Ensure engineering designs are in compliance with current applicable state & local regulations
- Develop project specifications in CSI format
- Develop illustratives, drawings and visual aids
- Works independently under general supervision
- Exercise sound judgment on design decisions and in application of standard methods
- Work with multiple site base files oriented in different coordinate frames and varying units
- Assemble and collate plan set packages
Skills and Experience:
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company and client information
- Works well and communicates effectively with others
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task, and use time effectively
- Ability to read and interpret written information, and follow instructions
- Ability to read, interpret, collect data documents, and design topographic data sets
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, and memos
- Maintains accurate and complete records
- Ability to perform in a high pressure, quick and dynamic environment
- Willingness to work with multiple staff and be a part of multiple teaming scenarios.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- EIT required. PE preferred
- LEED Certification preferred
- 5-10 years of industry experience
- Licensed Civil Engineer in the Sate of California is preferred
- Experience with Site Grading, Earthwork Calculations, Road Design, Drainage (Calculations & Reports), Utility Layout & Sizing, Technical Report Writing
- Experience in assembling and collating plan set packages
- Previous experience in putting together plan set packages and providing redlines for drafters
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Google Apps
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Knowledge of civil design programs (Civil 3D, LDT, Hydro CAD, Flowmasters, Storm CAD, etc.) preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.